Tuesday, October 3, 2017

I'm Doing The Best I Can

I'm doing the best I can.

I'm doing the best I can.

I'm doing the best I can.

This is my mantra.

I am doing the best I can when I redecorate the apartment, when I clean, when I force myself out of bed and go to work in the morning and do a good job while I'm there.

I'm doing the best I can when I stay active, see my friends, leave the house, run errands.

I'm doing the best I can when, instead of going to work, I stay home, drink wine, give myself a manicure and listen to breakup songs.

I'm doing the best I can when I get angry and send him mean texts. Or sad, desperate ones.

I'm doing the best I can when I can't get out of bed because I'm paralyzed by grief and heartbreak, when I cry so hard and for so long that I worry that I'll never be able to stop.

I'm doing the best I can because I'm trying, every minute, every hour, every day, I'm trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment